Sign in to follow this  
matt45

E36 323i Vibration On Startup

hi all,

a couple of days ago my 323i developed a vibration when the engine is started, it lasts aprox 10 secs and then goes away. it happens when warm and cold, at first i suspected bad mounts but would i be correct in thinking if this was the issue then it would vibrate all the time?

Also just to note it doesn't matter if its in park neutral or drive it still does it.

any ideas? should i be worried?

Thanks.

PS. no dash lights or warnnings on screen ither.

Why don't you get in touch with Glenn from Botany Motor Worx, one of our forum sponsors.

yep was going to when i get outa work... just woundering if this had happened to anyeone else.

It's not running on 5 cylinders at startup is it? I have had one drop a cylinder and inside the car it sounded like a haunted shithouse and vibrated badly for a few seconds before normal service resumed (normally when I gave it a rev).

Best get someone to give it the once over - especially if it has done it more than once.

hi

have poked around the engine bay and turns out one of the blades on the fan is broken off, spoke to glenn who confirmed that this COULD be the cause of the vibration as it will create an imbalance, getting this fixed on friday ... hopefully its not anything more serious.

thanks.