Sign in to follow this  
Mash

Highbeam

Hey,

Drivers side highbeam all of a sudden decided to stay on, even with light switch off and ignition off? Had to unplug socket to get to turn off, any ideas what this could be?

Regards

Is the indicator switch flicked 'up' any further than normal ?

On some models you could push it higher than normal to leave your side lights on for when you'd parked on the wrong side of the road. An awful description but I doubt its valid because it wouldnt be the highbeam.

Ive got a set of standard headlights for sale if you need them ;)

Is the indicator switch flicked 'up' any further than normal ?

On some models you could push it higher than normal to leave your side lights on for when you'd parked on the wrong side of the road. An awful description but I doubt its valid because it wouldnt be the highbeam.

Ive got a set of standard headlights for sale if you need them ;)

Yeah i just brought a new one, thats when we figured the problem.

Apparently its some sort of headlight box fault and been told to look out for a second hand one.....

Any one???

the e34 has a common problem with the lkm,but i dont know if the e39 has the same problem(or the same component)

just some info for you to consider : a 2nd hand part may not be the best idea . your milage is stored in the " light check module - lcm " . if you fit a 2nd hand part , a warning light is activated in your instrement cluster . this could lead to complications when trying to sell the vehicle " milage tampering " .

just some info for you to consider : a 2nd hand part may not be the best idea . your milage is stored in the " light check module - lcm " . if you fit a 2nd hand part , a warning light is activated in your instrement cluster . this could lead to complications when trying to sell the vehicle " milage tampering " .

Put this is just for the headlights or would it still affect the milage?

it wont change the milage display in your instrement cluster , but the milage stored in the 2nd hand lcm will be different to the displayed milage and this will cause the manipulation dot to be activated in the cluster . the 2nd hand unit will fix the light problem , but you may be creating another by having the manipulation dot activated .

it wont change the milage display in your instrement cluster , but the milage stored in the 2nd hand lcm will be different to the displayed milage and this will cause the manipulation dot to be activated in the cluster . the 2nd hand unit will fix the light problem , but you may be creating another by having the manipulation dot activated .

Wow that is really confusing, is there any way around this then?

As i need my headlight to work for WOF

Regards