Sign in to follow this  
c.robertson00

Help! e30 Headlights

Can anyone tell how to get the facelift headlamps in my pre facelift 323i? which wires go where? Can it even be done?

Yes it can be done very easily. This is my own pre f/l with the conversion done. Essentially all you need to do is unplug the old loom and remove the headlights as a unit. Hopefully your replacements will be as a complete unit (ie light frame included) and will just bolt up. From memory (and someone else will need to confirm this before you start cutting away!!) the plugs onto the lights are different so you will need to cut your old ones off and use the ones that came with your lights. With a multimeter or test light, determine which one is putting out low beam/high beam and match up. There is a bit of farting around here but all in all about 5 min to determine which goes where and another 45 min of splicing. The park lights also are different from memory, but again can me made to work.

I don't think the light output is that much better with the face lift low beams than what you could achieve with a new set of pre f/l ones. However they do look the part !!

post-769-1230005961_thumb.jpg

Edited by ducatiss

make sure u get the brackets(fasten with 3 bolts) with the lights as the brackets are different

Yeah - look in the showroom section - do a search for ducatiss

Instead of bringing up an old topic i'll just say, Mint e30! Post up some recent pics mate.