Sign in to follow this  
Antallica

Debt Consolidation

Hey guys, I'm looking at consolidating my ridiculous debts into one and wondering what companies are regarded as good to be with.

Cheers in advance :)

Whomever is going to screw you over the least. Ask them to provide you with:

i) the interest rate

ii) the interest rate over the life of the agreement including all of their costs and fees they charge you.

The only way you can compare the cost is with (ii).

Edited by CamB

Guest Si Vis Pacem

Hey guys, I'm looking at consolidating my ridiculous debts into one and wondering what companies are regarded as good to be with.

Cheers in advance :)

Do you have a mortgage?

Do you have a mortgage?

Unfortunately I have essentially nothing. Working through my divorce at the moment.

Guest Si Vis Pacem

Unfortunately I have essentially nothing. Working through my divorce at the moment.

Bummer! As you will no doubt receive advice to shop around, another best approach to a loan is to negotiate the shortest payback term as possible.

shop around,best bet would be to approach your current bank???Screw THem to the wall as much as you can after you have done some shopping at other places.

Yeah I am currently changing from ASB to BNZ and noticed they do consolidation as well. Might hit them up. Only problem is my lack of security and the amount I'm looking at doing.

definitely do it through a bank, you'll get the cheapest interest rate and they'll actually try to help you and not rip you off

I got mine through National, started off on 10.50% but as the Reserve Bank kept raising interest rates, my loan kept going up. Wound up at 11.75% in the end, which is still a fairly good interest rate for a non-mortgage loan.

All paid off now, extra $90 a week in my pocket :)

PSIS are pretty good, pretty competitive rates and unlike ASB they don't require loan insurance- means your entire loan payment goes towards the loan :)

I would opt for loan insurance anyway, you never know when you will get f**ked over in an accident. Its only like $3 a week.

I would opt for loan insurance anyway, you never know when you will get f**ked over in an accident. Its only like $3 a week.

I wish- mine was $15 a week, and the only thing it covered was the loan. ASB wouldn't budge, so I changed.

my personal favorite is getting life insurance and faking your own death

then leaving all your posesions to miguel sanchez aka your new identity