Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

1 series track day

I've just been out a Pukekohe and they have about 16 120i's in the pits for a track day. I assume the media launch. Also have the Audi A3, Alfa 147, Peugeot 307, Renault Megane and Merc A class for comparitve rides.

Nice car, $62,400 as optioned.

Sorry for the OT here...but

Welcome Cain.

One question, why are you selling the 540iS? For any potential purchasers here, it is a very nice car.

Cheers

they are all the for a drive day for the employees of bmw and some dealerships

they also have a street m3 which they do hot laps in

Edited by misgvous_1

Hi Grant

Welcome home, nice springs and shocks too. I've commented on the 4 sale page as to why. But Deb drove a little 328 and liked it. So, seeing as I bought the car for her. I'll look for something else.

Something to have a lash with and not be upset if I damage it.

We're of to Europe next month, so it would be nice to have something new by then. Maybe, I can find some performance bits as we pass through Bavaria.

No rush. I'm happy with the 540. I'd like a 318iS. Keep an eye out on the BMWCC web site. I'm compiling some info on our 2 race cars. You can get at least 216kW out of the S42 block.

Cheers :D

Yes. The 540is was bought to tow one of our new race cars. You would know them better as the Diet Coke Super Tourers from BMW Motorsport Australia. I couldn't get one of them up here for the Track day last year as we ran out of transport. If you get to Christchurch sometime. I'm sure we can get you a look at them.

Am trying to get my hands on some photos. I've only got real pictures. Haven't managed the moved to a digital camera yet. Hence the desire to get a 318iS, as I can get some beautiful bits to bolt onto it.