Sign in to follow this  
Deano

E21 front sway bar

Hi all. Anyone got a 1980 or later 23.5mm E21 front sway bar they want to trade or sell?

Edited by Deano

Hi all. Anyone got a 1980 or later 23.5mm E21 front sway bar they want to trade or sell?

Good luck.

I now feel inadequate with my mere 23mm front swaybar on my 540i :(

Good luck.

I now feel inadequate with my mere 23mm front swaybar on my 540i :(

Hey is that an E21 parked next to the red other thing?

Hey is that an E21 parked next to the red other thing?

It's an e23, but the owner of that also has an e21.

It's an e23, but the owner of that also has an e21.

Hi..the later sway bars are only 0.5mm wider but they are used with different control arms. The older ones have a 2 piece conical bush and the later ones have a cast bush in the control arm..a better system used to help with the E21 shimmy. What I am doing is casting up my own Urethane bushes into these arms as they do on some of the E21 forums in the US. I found Topmark industries sell the casting Urethane..if you are interested I can send you all the details.

Cheers

Edited by Deano

Hi..the later sway bars are only 0.5mm wider but they are used with different control arms. The older ones have a 2 piece conical bush and the later ones have a cast bush in the control arm..a better system used to help with the E21 shimmy. What I am doing is casting up my own Urethane bushes into these arms as they do on some of the E21 forums in the US. I found Topmark industries sell the casting Urethane..if you are interested I can send you all the details.

Cheers

The owner is currently working on getting it into a sellable state, a few minor things need repairing, so I don't think he's interested, thanks though.

All the best in your hunt.