Sign in to follow this  
Mike

white pre-fl manual e30 shell with many modifications

Sadly the time has come for me to get rid of my long term M10 turbo project. Time and circumstances just don't allow me to work on it or keep it anymore, and I'm doing too many kilometers now to keep it as a daily.

I'm trying to decide whether to part it out or sell as the rolling shell. The current motor is pretty stuffed (but running) so I was planning to put a 2 litre into it but it doesn't make sense for me to spend any more money on it. As the car is now it would be ideal for someone looking to do an engine transplant for a track or fun car. There's no reason you can't keep it as an M10 turbo though, it just needs some work. Body is reasonable, few little dings and scratches but paint still comes up really nice after a polish.

Suspension:

Bilstein shocks

Lower springs 60/40 drop

Adjustable rear camber and toe

billet/urethane rear shock mounts

urethane subframe and trailing arm bushings

Powerflex control arm bushings

51mm 325i struts

325i rear sway bar.

factory rear discs

I'm very happy with the setup, many people would have similar setups and makes the car a lot of fun on roads like Paekakariki hill. Shocks and shock mounts wouldn't have more than 3000km on them, rest of the gear is a older but is still in great shape.

Wheels: 16x7.5 ET25 AC Schnitzer - Black centers with polished lips, cleaned up 2 years ago but still in really good condition. No curbing at all, and were all straight and true at the last balance. Have all centercaps too, though one is missing in picture. 205/50/R16 tyres, front probably wont get wof, rears should do. May sell seperately depending on price.

Engine: 1.8L M10 - 265xxx km. Custom tubular manifold, wastepipe and exhaust, 300cc injectors, VG30 Turbocharger running 10~12psi, modified RB20 intercooler, ARP headstuds, cometic metal head gasket (thicker to reduce compression), Megasquirt V3.0 with adapter loom, Innovate LC-1 wideband (may need new sensor or simply calibration), M30B35 radiator, 325i expansion tank, Z3 1.9L short shift lever

Interior/ICE: Black leather comfort seats, fronts are pretty stuffed along the seams, rear still good nick (have the fold down arm rest). Oil pressure, air/fuel, boost gauges, soundstream 10" in custom box firing through ski-hole, fusions 6.5" components up front and 6.5" co-axials in the rear, alpine 350w rms class D sub amp, kenwood class A/B powering fronts, pioneer MP3/WMA flashy screen headunit (3 hi-volt preouts etc) Again depending on price may sell seperately. Also has a professionally installed 4 star alarm.

Also have plenty of spares, 2 bottlecaps, complete 2.0L M10 motor, small case 4.27 diff, + more. I also got 95% of the way through a big brake kit, just need to finish assembling one of the calipers (rebuilt) and bolt it on. consisted of 288x25mm rotors and 5 series calipers, haven't tested though so may need balance adjustment.

I'm thinking along the lines of $2000 for the shell and all motor/suspension parts but without wheels or audio. Keep all the turbo kit or sell what you dont need. The turbo, megasquirt, and wideband should fetch $500 all up as those are universal parts, unsure what the specific M10 turbo parts are worth.

+$600 for wheels,

+ $700 audio

I'm open to negotiation as I would prefer to sell it complete, but I do have a pretty good idea of what the individual parts are worth and may part it out if I can't get a reasonable price complete.

EDIT - sh*t, forgot to mention it isn't road legal. reg has just expired and going on hold. no wof, there is an exhaust leak but otherwise I can't see any reason why it would fail short of tyre tread or maybe a light. I was naughty and didn't cert as I still got warrants and always wanted to do more before I did the cert. However, any motor transplant short of a stock M10 will most likely require a certing again anyway.

I'm not expecting anyone to keep the M10 setup. I had a lot of fun with it and learnt heaps but its just not the best idea for a power plant. I think about $1000-$2000 to have the 2.0L in, running reliably, and road legal, depending on what else you did.

post-1471-1233039274_thumb.jpg

post-1471-1233039293_thumb.jpg

post-1471-1233039302_thumb.jpg

post-1471-1233039312_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike

So let me get this right; $3000 for the whole lot?

Wish I hadn't spent so much on the 2.7/taken extra time off during my holiday work.

Good luck, hope it goes to a BimmerSport member.

Edited by antony

So let me get this right; $3000 for the whole lot?

Wish I hadn't spent so much on the 2.7/taken extra time off during my holiday work.

Good luck, hope it goes to a BimmerSport member.

no, got the audio wrong, otherwise correct

Oh I so kinda want it. I so must stop looking at the thread...

Good luck with the sale Mike :)

aha, didnt add the 500 for the engine/turbo setup.

no, thats all included, I'm just not expecting anyone to want to keep it as it is a custom setup and could be tricky to suss it all out if they wanted to work on it. It needs cooling issues sussed, new stud in head to stop exhaust leak, (or new motor-included) and new turbo drain line as its warped and leaking.

I'm quite happy to spend sometime running the new owner through the whole car explaining what I've done and how it all works but don't wont someone coming back a few months down the track saying something broke. It is a modified car, and isn't going to have the same reliability as a an unmolested corolla.

All megasquirt parts also included such as USB adapter, simulator, cables, etc.

Edited by Mike

daily it you poof...

cold running on aftermarket ECU not that fun hey? :lol:

Nah warms up ok. I'm going up the coast everyday and can't help but take the paekakariki hill rd, which costs a fortune in gas. I can't help myself, you know how much fun boosted e30's are. :D

I wont reply to any PM's yet about individual parts. If someone buys the lot for parts I'll pass the offers on.

Oh I so kinda want it. I so must stop looking at the thread...

Good luck with the sale Mike :)

I'm sure it fits a baby seat.

Gah, I'm tempted..but I'd get in so much trouble for having another project car. Good luck with the sale Mike!

Btw, were you planning on boosting the 2.0L m10 too?

I'm sure it fits a baby seat.

Gah, I'm tempted..but I'd get in so much trouble for having another project car. Good luck with the sale Mike!

Btw, were you planning on boosting the 2.0L m10 too?

yip, was gonna basically bolt the 2.0 up to the current setup. would cost very little for someone else to do the same, I've already brought the expensive bits.

M20/M50 would fit in no worries if you're a bit scared of buying a turbo project. I'd really like to sell it complete, seems too rude to tear it apart for bits.

I am extremely tempted. 2.0L boosted M10 would be awesome.

However I have no garage space, tools or knowledge to fix it/make it work.

Buy it. this is the cheapest way to get all the bits you want/need. suspension alone cost around $2500, and is still excellent condition. thats easy to bolt in, keep the turbo kit until you're ready to start playing with that. Drive it and see how an e30 should handle

Edited by Mike

i would be interested in big brake kit ?

and possibly wheels (what's the condition of the tires ? ) ?

pm me, i can get you nice set of bottlecaps on near new to go with the car

i would be interested in big brake kit ?

and possibly wheels (what's the condition of the tires ? ) ?

pm me, i can get you nice set of bottlecaps on near new to go with the car

PM'd

wheels most likely gone, willing to sell entire car without wheels/stereo for $1500 or $2000 with stereo. any lower than that I'll most likely part it out. going on tardme next week sometime.

how hard would the turbo kit be to bolt up to another m10? is it reliable? i like the sound of an m10 turbo haha

I had 2 years out of it with minimal other mods. the M10 will easily take 8psi all day. I was running 12psi. I can't really say how hard it will be to bolt on, depends on how competent you are. Could be done in a weekend probably if you've done similar things before.