Sign in to follow this  
nastnas

WTB : 17x8 BBS RS

hi guys.

just wondering how often these come up for sale? or if someone has some that they want to part with?

not too sure, which BBS RS??? model i need, but an offset to suit the non staggered E36 M3 is needed.

Guest Spottswoode

They made them in E36 offset?

Get some LMs.

Nice post.

Leave it to the wheel whores who actually know what they're talking about <_<

There ARE E36 offset BBS RS, which were BBS RS 302's and RS 703w's (both 17x8 with an offset of 40), but they look rubbish, the offset is waaayyy too high, and I'm guessing you want to run some dish?

If you're after dish, you need to run something that was designed for a 5/6/7 series, which means:

Wheel code, width, height, offset, PCD, # studs, bore, car designed for

RS197 9 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 5/H,7/1 HA

RS198 8 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 7/1

RS212 8 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 5/H,7/1

RS713w 8 x 17 15.0 120.00 5 0.0 BMW 5/H,7/1,5/D

Which also means spacers, poking and stretching (wheel spacers, rims that run outside the guards and stretched rubber) otherwise they won't fit.

RS' on E36's look tough as f**k, and don't let anyone tell you you can't do it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice post.

Leave it to the wheel whores who actually know what they're talking about <_<

There ARE E36 offset BBS RS, which were BBS RS 302's and RS 703w's (both 17x8 with an offset of 40), but they look rubbish, the offset is waaayyy too high, and I'm guessing you want to run some dish?

If you're after dish, you need to run something that was designed for a 5/6/7 series, which means:

Wheel code, width, height, offset, PCD, # studs, bore, car designed for

RS197 9 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 5/H,7/1 HA

RS198 8 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 7/1

RS212 8 1/2 x 17 13.0 120.00 5 72.5 BMW 5/H,7/1

RS713w 8 x 17 15.0 120.00 5 0.0 BMW 5/H,7/1,5/D

Which also means spacers, poking and stretching (wheel spacers, rims that run outside the guards and stretched rubber) otherwise they won't fit.

MUPPET!! probably the worst piece of advice so far this year.

the 5, 7 series offset is already lower so you will not need to run spacers as this will give you an even lower offset and make the wheel stick out further.

A 17x8 at 15 et will mean the rear guards need to be pumped out at leat 20mm - good luck!

recommending stretched tyres - dumb!

When you run a 5 series offset on a 3 series you wil also find the wheel track is increased and so the car tends to bumpsteer and track quite badly!

Save yourself a whole lot of time, effort and money and get the correct offset wheels!

haha - I am sick of constantly seeing bad advice given out on this forum............. and this morning i just snapped! :P

Guest Simon*

Posted Image

Greg if you're here take note mate

You could dress up that 6 banger banana of yours - I like the black roof on this, and some dished rims :)

Guest Simon*

haha - I am sick of constantly seeing bad advice given out on this forum............. and this morning i just snapped! :P

Fair enough - stick to your guns mate

On a side note, do you guys do a line of BBS style reps?

Guest Spottswoode

MUPPET!! probably the worst piece of advice so far this year.

the 5, 7 series offset is already lower so you will not need to run spacers as this will give you an even lower offset and make the wheel stick out further.

A 17x8 at 15 et will mean the rear guards need to be pumped out at leat 20mm - good luck!

recommending stretched tyres - dumb!

When you run a 5 series offset on a 3 series you wil also find the wheel track is increased and so the car tends to bumpsteer and track quite badly!

Save yourself a whole lot of time, effort and money and get the correct offset wheels!

At no point did I say it was safe, would improve handling or not affect the vehicle geometry <_< I didn't recommend stretched tyres, but they'd be mandatory to have even a semblance of clearance.

I told the man what he'd need to run them. Might be a bad idea, but it's not bad advice, there is a difference.

Didn't your E30 run a serious stretch? :rolleyes:

I'm also getting sick of you saying that things can't be done, when quite clearly, they have been. Many times before. You said the same thing with style 5's on an E36 and there were an avalanche of pics to support that combo.

It's not illegal to run stretched tyres, nor is it illegal to run spacers (with a cert, at least) nor is it illegal to pump your guards.

With enough time and effort, anything is possible - for reference, that yellow and green M3 above (it's the same car :lol: ) is running 17x8.5 ET13 - looks pretty f**king hot to me!

I've got a spare set of 16x8 and 16x9 BBS RS in my lockup.

A good set of 17s are going to cost you upwards of $3000 just for the rims, if you're in a hurry then Germany is your best bet.

I think between the BBS LMs and BBS RS they're the best looking rim for the E30, the RS doesn't have as much clearance for Big Brake setups as the LM does.

http://bmwm3shop.de/main.php?site=prod&mid=7&sid=29

Edited by Hi-Tek

At no point did I say it was safe, would improve handling or not affect the vehicle geometry <_< I didn't recommend stretched tyres, but they'd be mandatory to have even a semblance of clearance.

I told the man what he'd need to run them. Might be a bad idea, but it's not bad advice, there is a difference.

Didn't your E30 run a serious stretch? :rolleyes:

I'm also getting sick of you saying that things can't be done, when quite clearly, they have been. Many times before. You said the same thing with style 5's on an E36 and there were an avalanche of pics to support that combo.

It's not illegal to run stretched tyres, nor is it illegal to run spacers (with a cert, at least) nor is it illegal to pump your guards.

With enough time and effort, anything is possible - for reference, that yellow and green M3 above (it's the same car :lol: ) is running 17x8.5 ET13 - looks pretty f**king hot to me!

I suggest you go and reread your original post :rolleyes: . When you have put wheels on and lowered in excess of 200 BMW's I will bow to your "superior knowledge".

17x8 at 40ET - the offset is "waaaaaay too high" (hope I have enough A's in there) INCORRECT!! the standard e36 offset is around +/-41

If you are after dish you need a 5/7 series wheel - INCORRECT - again!! There are plenty of wheels out there with huge dish at the correct offset. Maybe not in the BBS style that he is looking at. Did you also consider that the wheels you have shown pics of may have had custom made lips with the correct offset centre?

Suggesting running 5 or 7 series offset wheels on a 3 series is bad advice - PERIOD!

I really don't have the time or inclination to tell you about the effect that the incorrect offset wheels can actually have on your hub harriers, suspension points etc.

FACT- running low offset wheels and then spacers will push the wheels further out!

I am not sure where I said it was illegal to roll guards?

I am and always have been of the opinion that you correct wheels to fit your car, and I make no apologies for that. You shouldn't be buying wheels and then trying to make them fit, its kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

IF you can prove to me (rather than just show a pic) that that wheel is the offset you say it is I will gladly withdraw my comments. A picture doesn't prove anything unless you have the evidence to back it up.

BTW: I agree they look sh#t hot!! on the car :D

and.......... you didn't really help nastnas - he asked where he could get some from, or if they came up very often :P , Hiteks post was probably the most heplful so far.

How about we just try and help the man out? Rather than waste time bickering back and forth between us.

chill out and have a happy evening.

Edited by zenetti

I suggest you go and reread your original post :rolleyes: . When you have put wheels on and lowered in excess of 200 BMW's I will bow to your "superior knowledge".

17x8 at 40ET - the offset is "waaaaaay too high" (hope I have enough A's in there) INCORRECT!! the standard e36 offset is around +/-41

If you are after dish you need a 5/7 series wheel - INCORRECT - again!! There are plenty of wheels out there with huge dish at the correct offset. Maybe not in the BBS style that he is looking at. Did you also consider that the wheels you have shown pics of may have had custom made lips with the correct offset centre?

Suggesting running 5 or 7 series offset wheels on a 3 series is bad advice - PERIOD!

I really don't have the time or inclination to tell you about the effect that the incorrect offset wheels can actually have on your hub harriers, suspension points etc.

FACT- running low offset wheels and then spacers will push the wheels further out!

I am not sure where I said it was illegal to roll guards?

I am and always have been of the opinion that you correct wheels to fit your car, and I make no apologies for that. You shouldn't be buying wheels and then trying to make them fit, its kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

IF you can prove to me (rather than just show a pic) that that wheel is the offset you say it is I will gladly withdraw my comments. A picture doesn't prove anything unless you have the evidence to back it up.

BTW: I agree they look sh#t hot!! on the car :D

and.......... you didn't really help nastnas - he asked where he could get some from, or if they came up very often :P , Hiteks post was probably the most heplful so far.

How about we just try and help the man out? Rather than waste time bickering back and forth between us.

chill out and have a happy evening.

lol, off topic but i LOVE the barn door quote...best of 2009!

+1!

liam