Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Cheap 17" Schnitzers

Im not entirely sure but I remember reading somewhere that replicas have BMW center caps and genuines wheels have Schnitzers because they are a different size.

Is that correct ?

Guest Spottswoode

OZ racing made the earlier Schnitzer wheels, so I guess it's possible. But they use a different type of bolt with an unusual head for their split rims - you actually need to buy the tools from OZ to pull them apart.

And those are definitely OZ Racing bolts.

Edited by Spottswoode

Im not entirely sure but I remember reading somewhere that replicas have BMW center caps and genuines wheels have Schnitzers because they are a different size.

Is that correct ?

Can confirm that on my old wheels, the Schnitzer centre caps were a different size to my BMW centre caps but I'm not sure if the BMW ones also come in different sizes.

From pic 4 it seems that the BMW logo is misaligned on the centre cap which suggests it's a sticker? So they could be genuine wheels with ACS caps but I can't tell from the pictures.

OZ racing made the earlier Schnitzer wheels, so I guess it's possible. But they use a different type of bolt with an unusual head for their split rims - you actually need to buy the tools from OZ to pull them apart.

And those are definitely OZ Racing bolts.

Yep , OZ first then by Ronal , only the two genuine genuine A C Schnitzer forgers that are known. Replicas are cast usually.

Yep , OZ first then by Ronal , only the two genuine genuine A C Schnitzer forgers that are known. Replicas are cast usually.

Are you saying all ACS wheels are forged? I thought my Ronals were cast.