Sign in to follow this  
Danny_E30

Car cutting out!

Hey all.

For a few weeks now my car has been cutting out while im driving. It doesn't die completly but cuts out a few times each time.

Would anyone know what is causing this as i need to get it fixed. I was told it could be the fuel lines, or fuel filter?

All comments appreciated! :)

Cheers

Danny.

Replace the fuel filter would be something to do if it hasnt been done already anyway, are only about $12 from Repco etc

Clean the air flow sensor with specific cleaner from Repco called CRC Mass Air Sensor Cleaner

Check your air intake, throttle body hoses have no leaks, tears etc also

Check ignition leads, and spark plugs for cleanliness

That would be the first things I would check

I am sure there is someone else on here with more qualified advice than me though haha

Replace the fuel filter would be something to do if it hasnt been done already anyway, are only about $12 from Repco etc

Clean the air flow sensor with specific cleaner from Repco called CRC Mass Air Sensor Cleaner

Check your air intake, throttle body hoses have no leaks, tears etc also

Check ignition leads, and spark plugs for cleanliness

That would be the first things I would check

I am sure there is someone else on here with more qualified advice than me though haha

Cheers mate. Will do most of those things. Just dont quite know how to get the spark plugs out...

Need to get a socket for a ratchet, many auto stores sell a spark plug socket, or you can get a specific spark plug removing tool. Are not very expensive from memory

If those don't do anything, replace the fuel pump relay, can cause that problem.

ps, I've also had that problem with a dry connection at the fuel tank pump, under the back seat.

Edited by Silver Fox

Hey all.

For a few weeks now my car has been cutting out while im driving. It doesn't die completly but cuts out a few times each time.

Would anyone know what is causing this as i need to get it fixed. I was told it could be the fuel lines, or fuel filter?

All comments appreciated! :)

Cheers

Danny.

Its probably the "distributor cap and or rotor" happened to mine replaced both with second hand parts from Ray and never looked back!