Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

e36 donor for our electric car project

My friend is wavering between doing a Corolla or an e36, so to steer him in the right direction I want to know if anyone has a decent e36 for sale.

As cheap as possible, must be manual, NO RUST, dont care what condition the engine is because its being ripped out and needs to be as light as possible so 316/318 and must have four doors.

Let me know people.

Well, car has been found and bought :) and electric motors etc were brought down to Wellington today.

We picked up a NZ new 328 manual off trademe, who wants to buy an M52B28 engine....sold and serviced by BMW dealers for its entire life ?

Ill have to start something in the projects thread when we get the car down here.

Interesting! I'm a little worried about the weight of your base though.

My cousin who I am living with wants to put an electric motor in his old beetle so I'll be watching with interest.

Nah, the weight is fine. There have been plenty of people doing it with 325/328's in the US so thats what we are taking as a base.

Its going to be fun :0

just watched top gear with the tesla.....x 000 laptop batteries!(3=4000 i think approx 500 kg!)

So that's what you were buying that car for Martyn. I thought you didn't care about the K's because it had FSH!

Out of interest, how does it drive? Does it feel like it has done those K's?

FBMWSH to me tells me the owners have looked after the car and replaced anything thats needed replacing.

The high kms is a bonus because it scares everyone off over here, but if we dont need the engine I want to know that everything else has been taken care off.

We probably wont have the car for a week or two yet but when we do I stick up photos etc.