Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

e30 sump removal

as the title says, just thought i'd get a list of what has to be removed like steering and some other things?? while im waiting for mike "323e30" to send the sump just to get an idea of whats on the cards

i also purchased a sump gaurd off him(yay no chance of cracking new sump), should there be provisions for these to fit or do you have to drill or whatnot to fit since it didnt originally have one?

also any good links with photos would be appreciated :D

car is a pre facelift E30 325i

Cheers

Andrew

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....&pid=196623

Undo the motor mounts, lift the motor as much as possible without having to undo water pipes etc, and you "should" be able to manoeuvre around the oil pump pickup, but if not, drop the crossmember slightly so you have more space between the sump and the steeringing rack.

is this a fairly easy(lack of better word i supose) way of removing sump other than engine removal,

other suggestions??

Cheers

Guest FrantiC

Firstly - sump guard, don't get yourself thinking you are immune to busting a pan with a guard. Still happens.

I did my first pan swap by dropping steering and the subframe holding the engine in place with a hoist while the subframe was removed. Easiest way to do it and you have direct access to all 25 bolts holding the pan on so no messing around with u-joints in awkward places and trying to slide the pan in/out.

Firstly - sump guard, don't get yourself thinking you are immune to busting a pan with a guard. Still happens.

better not happen too easy :ph34r: