Sign in to follow this  
petone

Chequered Flag in petone

Hi guys,

One of my mates has a 92' Vtec prelude. Its pretty standard other than pod filter, and an exhaust with a big shiny muffler and a coby. Anyway he took it down for a dyno tune at chequred flag. First run he made 132 kW and after they had a little play with it he made 136 KW. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that around 180 hp at the wheels, and if we say theres a 20% power loss through the drivetrain he's got 225hp at the fly. I reckon thats pretty impressive for an pretty much stock NA 2.2 thats over 10 years old. Has anyone else had any experience with the Chequred Flag dyno, and how accurate is it?

Before anyone asks I have seen the printout so he isn't full of BS

someone post it

VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!

stupid semi modern engines with more than one camshaft

H22 2.2 16V DOHC VTEC PGM-FI 2157 200hp@6800rpm 161tq@5500rpm '92-'96 Prelude VTEC (USA)

the exhaust and pod would have done a bit dude.

dont compare dynos between cars, no point. use it as a reference point to help tune your ride.

take yours there if ya want to get a read. and then use it to tune your own ride

I thought it was around 200bhp standard as well, i just wasn't expecting a repco pod and a bling bling muffler to give that much of a gain. Oh well at least theres something going for hondas. I realise that dyno's are mainly for tuning but i just wondering if anyone knew if it that dyno gave particlulary high readings.

Still, hes making the same power per litre as the latest M3 in a car that cost $6500 inlcuding mods.