Sign in to follow this  
rxsumo

E12 525 Sunroof Bodyshell

I've just acquired another tidy parts car, that is really too good to send to the scrap metal man.

So if anybody is interested in a project, or potentally a "reshell" bodyshell. The car is complete (as per pictures), so sort out the engine and it should be ready to go.

1979 525a, light metallic green, manual sunroof in really tidy condition, rego lapsed (so dereg'd).

It would appear that the car was restored a few years ago, as the body is very good.

The doors have been replaced for E28 ones. The rust that I have found is limited to the corners of the bonnet, some minor bubbles on the bottom of the LHF door, and bubbling around the lower part of rear panel, (under the taillights)

The LHR door has a fairly minor scrape across it - although the trim is not flash (I might have a spare - E28 rather than E12)

Only other item that I can find is the lower part of the radiator support panel seems to be pushed up, although I can't find any recent damage marks so I'm assuming its been like it for a while and the radiator fits.

Panel wise I have removed the boot lid and front spoiler and these have been replaced with good standard items from my spares 528

Interior is pretty good, sun damage to the top of the rear seats, and some wear on the front seats.

The car currently has a broken 3.5 engine in it. Apparently the head is warped, the bare head is still on the motor.

The motor appears to have done very few kms as the frost plugs are still shiny, and you can still see shiny metal on a few of the pistons - however the motor has sat for at least two years, with a small amount of water in number 6 so I'm not too sure if the block can be saved without a rebore.

so if you are interested PM me, open to silly offers, if no bites by the end of the weekend its going on TM for $1 reserve.

I would have kept the car, if I had the space, but I've already got a tidy SA assembled (hybrid) 528 spares car.

post-539-1239474318_thumb.jpg

post-539-1239474357_thumb.jpg

post-539-1239474394_thumb.jpg

post-539-1239474437_thumb.jpg

post-539-1239474475_thumb.jpg

Edited by rxsumo