Sign in to follow this  
GH05T

E36 LED Fog lights

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen BMW's - E36's - with LED Fog lights? Its like a strip of 5 or 6 bright LED's as fog lights.

I think they look really cool - and want to know where to buy them.

Let me know if anyone of you's seen them or know where to buy them.

Thanks

GH05T

I'm presuming you are talking about the front fog lamps, not the rear.

LED fog lights (front) are a bit of a difficult one to do as the white LED's are really not powerful enough to provide the required light performance (they will get there eventually, but not just yet). Fog lamps shouldn't be used in anything other than fog conditions - and need to have a reasonable amount of light to be of any use at all.

Maybe you are thinking of LED daytime running lamps? If so, Hella do them, and you should be able to get them from most auto electricians.

http://www.hella.co.nz/default.asp?a=138&a...y&newsID=48 or http://www.hella.co.nz/default.asp?a=138&a...y&newsID=52

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen BMW's - E36's - with LED Fog lights? Its like a strip of 5 or 6 bright LED's as fog lights.

I think they look really cool - and want to know where to buy them.

Let me know if anyone of you's seen them or know where to buy them.

Thanks

GH05T

Are you talking about the 'Audi R8 wannabe' LED strips? If so those are not fog lights, they're 'bling' lights. Current LED's won't put out anywhere near enough output to function as a fog light.

Are you talking about the 'Audi R8 wannabe' LED strips? If so those are not fog lights, they're 'bling' lights. Current LED's won't put out anywhere near enough output to function as a fog light.

Yeah the R8 looking ones are the one im talking about - do you know where to buy them? or who sells it?

Thanks