Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Where to buy: E30 bolt on spacers

As the title suggest ... I have had a google, emailed a couple of places about a pair of 20mm H&Rs but they are wanting $350+GST.

Wondering if there are more cheaper but still legal bolt on options available?

Rather than getting a place in town to make them, which will take a few weeks .. I kind of need somewhere in stock now, as I am on tight time constraints with the cert/pink sticker/wof issues :wacko:

Cheers guys

Josh

Yeah nah?

http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz/scripts...?idproduct=1416

Pic is different to the heading.

Hot tip - JiB has those but 4x100 to 4x114.4 adapters. He couldn't find bolts with a short enough head to fit so had to get very short screw in studs (and used those low profile nuts they come with). You then obviously need a set of regular lug nuts.

Thanks Cam, was just talking to the guy who owns that website a few mins ago (well through TME Q&A) he said something about needing hub centric with longer bolts and stuff and a set of those is $600 through that site .. just wondering what the price difference is for?

Gutted

SELLER'S ANSWER:

No, these are bolt on, which are designed for cars with preexisting studs. The BMW

ones also have expensive long load bearing bolts with them and are 2 sets (4) whereas

this is 1 pair (2) spacers that doesnt need load bearing bolts. You could look at

converting your car to studs by buying some sort bolts to bolt the spacers to your

existing hubs - that may be a cheaper way of doing it. We may still need to custom

make the spacers for you to get the right size hubcentric though. Give us a call.

Would there be any other alternatives? This is going to be a very expensive f**king cert :angry:

Hot tip - JiB has those but 4x100 to 4x114.4 adapters. He couldn't find bolts with a short enough head to fit so had to get very short screw in studs (and used those low profile nuts they come with). You then obviously need a set of regular lug nuts.

His are 20mm right?

I've been looking around for some as I brought his RS replicas which are 4x114.3.

Driven Performance only have 25mm. Should be okay?

Hmm confusing..

Edited by E30ONP

Too big and the wheels will stick out too much = illegal

Hopefully when I get this all done it should look mint, gonna get some mean guard work done to accommodate the Alpinas :D

E300NP - He bought them from Driven I think. Ask them - don't trust the website. They're the bronzey coloured ones, and he got spacer rings for inside them and in the wheels.

BEEMIR - They're $180 a pair, so you need 2x sets (= $360), then you need a set of short studs and some hubcentric rings. It won't be cheap.

Nah, got mine from Vaughan Motors. Driven wanted about twice as much....

E30ONP, they're were just nice with 20mm, especially on the rear. I guess an extra 5mm will require guard modification.

Edit: Seen the Driven Performance adaptors on trademe? They've really dropped in price! $180 per pair isn't too bad.

Edited by JiB