Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

BMW Cylinder Heads

Had this catalogue come into work today and noticed that Segedin's are now supplying cylinder heads for BMW's. Not to sure on the quality or what the prices are like compared to genuine but heres their pricing. Not much selection there but may interest some of you.

I assumed so. That price buys a lots of reconditioning of an existing head...

I'd be very wearry of heads from some manufactures. We looked at some replacement heads when we developed some of our heads and some of them are shocking! They come with the same flaws as the factory head, and in some cases where worse, mainly in poor castings. Lots of porosity in the heads which will lead to cracking as the trapped air expands.

I would also avoid painted heads as they can hide a lot of defects.

Edited by DRTDVL

I assumed so. That price buys a lots of reconditioning of an existing head...

Yea Cam, most of the heads we get in for customers from these suppliers are bare without any other working/moving parts. The suppliers also supply them aditionally.

I'd be very wearry of heads from some manufactures. We looked at some replacement heads when we developed some of our heads and some of them are shocking! They come with the same flaws as the factory head, and in some cases where worse, mainly in poor castings. Lots of porosity in the heads which will lead to cracking as the trapped air expands.

I would also avoid painted heads as they can hide a lot of defects.

Cheers DRTDVL thanks for the heads up.

These from what i can see are AMC - unfortantly i can't remember what they where like...