Sign in to follow this  
RMC

Average service cost for 2001 523i appx 60000km

Hi guys.

I am after a 2001 523i, the clock has done 60000k...I have a bmw 318ti 1996 myself and the service cost is pretty high....due to the age of the car...

Just wondering....how much does it averagely cost to maintain a 2001 523i.....cheers guys.

I have a bmw 318ti 1996 myself and the service cost is pretty high....due to the age of the car...

Define high ? I wouldnt have thought an e36 would cost that much a year to maintain.

Ive had years were Ive spent thousands on my e38 and years where Ive spent nothing.

60k kms is nothing on an e39 so I wouldnt expect anything to be wrong with it, so you should just expect to spend the normal on oil changes etc, perhaps an inspection. If its close to it now, get the seller to do it before you buy it.

Define high ? I wouldnt have thought an e36 would cost that much a year to maintain.

Ive had years were Ive spent thousands on my e38 and years where Ive spent nothing.

60k kms is nothing on an e39 so I wouldnt expect anything to be wrong with it, so you should just expect to spend the normal on oil changes etc, perhaps an inspection. If its close to it now, get the seller to do it before you buy it.

Well I took it back to bmw department store and paid about $700 for the first time.

Second time was over $1000.......

Nothing wrong really,but just they states there r quite a lot to replace due to age.

2001 525I is much more expensive than the one that I have,that s what I meant I wish to pay no more than $1500/yr for service.....Over $2000 is just not worth it for a $15000 car...Thanks for your post....how much did it cost you before and what needs to be changed? Ta

hEY

Edited by RMC

It's a 8 years old car afterall, some of the items are bound to need replacing. Depending on what needs changing, it does sound about right for an Inspection II which I assume the car will need one soon.