Sign in to follow this  
Kiwibimmer

LSD FOR E36

Have the same prob that we all have with Bimmers (unless you are lucky) and would like to eliminate the single wheel spin with one LSD.

Thing is I know jack about ratios for Bimmers and hence I am looking for info from anyone that knows what sort of ratio I should be looking at and what sort of prob's I might run into installing it???

Any info would be great especially where I might be best looking for price and a suitable solution.

Cheers in advance

Guest Spargo

3.25:1 / 3.46:1 would suit.

Best bet is to find an M3 unit, and have it refurbed. It will bolt up.

Oh, and single spinners are caused by "Mr. Whippy Spec" open diff's, not one wheel LSDs

only the 3.0l M3, not the 3.2l ones, unless you are up to swapping the whole rear subframe & suspension.

If you have a look on the ETK the E36 has the same LSD as the E30.

And probably just as hard to find!!!

i would have imagined that an e36 m3 lsd would be a lot easier to find than lsd for e30 glenn? what did they change in the evo for the rear setup?

How many wreaked E36 M3's have you seen??

The 3.2l's have a large case diff, the rear subframe is quite different to fit the diff in (which bolts into it's own cradle), which means you need to use 3.2l axles, which means you need 3.2l hubs which are part of the suspension arms, and rear brakes.

So basically a whole E36 3.2l M3 backend just to get a LSD.