Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

$NZ vs $Ozzie

Hi Y'all. Here I am in Perth WA, I'm looking thru & seeing what people are paying for cars back home & what we pay for them here, maybe I'm coming home again.

Incidentally; I rang the swine flu hotline last nite. All I got was crackling!

I paid $8.5K for a e34 525i Jap import with 70k's from new, that was back in NZ, about 5 years ago. traded a commondoor for it!

I already had a e28 M520i, yeah go figure that out, it's the same body package seats etc as 535! Paid $1000 for that.

Over here, WA I bought an e23, 400k's on it, but new motor, leather electrics etc, great ride, 2 years good running, paid $3k for it, yard had it for over a year, started at $5k.

Presently deregistered, has to go over the pits to relicence it...

Funny thing here, you buy a car there are no W.O.F's, If it's a total wreck you can get stickereed by the coppers, but apart from that it's up to the owner to maintain; I've seen cars with rust holes you could park a car in!

Bought myself an e34, 3litre V8, leather, 220k's on odo. tidy enough but not immaculate, paid $12k for it. Looked at a few, all around the same price. An e34 540, auto was $16k 535's were a bit cheaper.

Bought my daughter an e30 2 door 318i for her birthday $2500, it was a bit rough, but went well, sideways well, I was quite impressed!!

Unfortunately she got T-boned by a d*ck head, he was drinking, in his dad's work van, so no insurance for them , or for us, that sucks a bit!!

But I salvages & sells everythuing off that, makes my money back & sues him anyway.

Online valuation for an e30 2 door, average cond. 200k's $7k...

Went to buy her another one, a few around, but they go like hot cakes...

We decide on one from dealer, car dealer... '90 320 e30, tidy as.. but they cant get it to idle right, spent 000's on it new everything ICV's etc, new trans... we get it for $5k, factory radio etc, mint. My guy fixes it in 5 minutes!

My daughters then boyfriend, Fromm the 'naki. He buys an e32, a few around for about $7k

1 was an absolute disgrace, rust in the water, body. upholstery crap, had 20" wheels but $7k! Told the dealer he was a disgrace trying to sell that, should be on the rubbish tip.

Anyway he ended up getting a nice e32 735 for $5.5

We're pretty isolated over this side of the great desert known as ozzytraler.

Cars are hell cheaper in the eastern states, but it costs about $3k to get them sent over here.

I see the prices of cars in the USA, kids driving cars thaT COST A KINGS RANSOM OVER HERE! oops key lock..

I've still got the e28, I'm saving to get it shipped over here, about $5k. But I've already spent $3k on a new motor for it. don't ned much,bit of a tidy up... My boy's 16 this year So he can have it.

Still got the e23, needs a head gasket... Kept it to fix it up, project car? Mite put the 3.5 into e28?

So come on everybody, shame me out for moving here, What are we paying for cars in NZ?

My brother wants to buy an x5, about $30k. i'll post some pictuires when I get arouind to it... help I'm turning into an ozzy!!

Mate you just gotta shop around more. Register at www.bimmerclubinc.com.au , there are some good deals to be had there in the fs section (its a perth community). Get the quokka first thing on Thursdays too.

Mate you just gotta shop around more. Register at www.bimmerclubinc.com.au , there are some good deals to be had there in the fs section (its a perth community). Get the quokka first thing on Thursdays too.

Thanks but i'm not looking right now.

Looking for a good home for an e23??

will check out local bEEmer club ink..

ps theres a e34 535i manual there on BCI for $6.5, looks well serviced.

Try heading north... you can drive kenworths through some of the rust holes up there... SBS or ABC still got "bush mechanics" on tv? Makes ya scared to be on the road north of New Norcia. But happy not to be in the territory!

I miss my homeland sometimes...