Sign in to follow this  
OSiRiS

Police update radios to stop eavesdroppers

Well atleast it'll stop the guys who use them to avoid breath testing stops whilst drink driving.

I find them quite interesting to listen to now and again, it just gets annoying when people become obsessed with them and use them almost 24/7.

Me and a mate have caught out a truck driver perving on me sitting in the passenger seat whilst driving along. That was entertaining. ^_^

Meh. There is always a way for the computer geek technical types to figure complicated things out.

I've been able to get police frequencies in Auckland on my Jap head unit between 76.1 and 76.4 FM. I usually tune into it when I'm bored and sitting in my car waiting for someone that I'll scan between them and try to pick something up.

I used to be able to do that in my old headunit too tsamb, but they were barely audible

I used to be able to do that in my old headunit too tsamb, but they were barely audible

Yeah, same with me, except unlike CB scanners the radio doesn't cut out the static, so I can turn it up really loud and it's audible, but as soon as they go off the air, the static is deafening.