Sign in to follow this  
rowanhol

e34 low brake fluid warning light

Hi guys,

just replaced the front brake hoses on my e34 535i, bled the brakes and topped up the fluid, but now whenever i turn the ignition on the dash display reads "warning low brake fluid" ....it has plenty of brake fluid by the way

have done a quick search and some people seem to turn the ignition to position #2,leave it for 30sec then switch it off and that suposedly resets the warnings... doesn't seem to be working for me.the dash quite often tells me washer fluid is low aswell even when topped up so how do i reset these warnngs?

thanks

Rowan

Normally you don't "reset" these sensors (linings, coolant, washer etc) just check the connections.

I know the washer fluid one in mine (and a lot of e34s) is usually a touchy sensor... I rotated mine and it's stopped coming up when the washer bottle is full.

Have you looked at the sensor plug/wiring on the brake system? I can't say I have done this particular one myself.