Sign in to follow this  
misgvous_1

spring compressor

does any1 have a spring compressor i could borrow to remove my jamex spring and place my original springs back in.

if anyone can help me either post in topic, pm me or email me at

jamie.grupenhall@bmw.co.nz

Edited by misgvous_1

warrant time again? they pretty cheap....only about $30?? ollie might still have a pair

nah folks comin home.

mine are fine for warrent

wah so u have to get permission from ur parents to lower your car? just leave them in bro, ur parents know much about cars? if not just make up some bullshit about something wrong with the suspension and thats why it "looks' lower or wateva, thats what i do when my parents have a whinge. either that or tell them to shoot off :lol:

sadly my father knows a lot bout bmws

its mainly cus im sposed to be savin for uni. and if im spendin money on my car they have a fit. doesnt mean im goin to stop spendin money on my car. jus means i have do small mostly unoticable stuff.

where could i purchase compressors. i no the rear ones are easy to remove. how long will the fronts take to do

Edited by misgvous_1

fuk that man, just leave them in, exact same story as me, my parents got over it after a while, just keep sayin, my money, my car.

You shouldn't need spring compressors to take the jamexs out. And to put the originals back you can always bodge it...

*NOT RECOMMENDED* -Just an idea

Just use the weight of the car to compress the spring and then you can do up that top shock nut from inside the bonnet. This is pretty dodgy cos you have to have a mate lower the car down while you line up the shock.

If you don't like the sound of that you can alway try just going into a garage with the strut off the car and asking them to do it. They would probably charge less than the cost of spring compressors.

sadly my father knows a lot bout bmws

its mainly cus im sposed to be savin for uni. and if im spendin money on my car they have a fit. doesnt mean im goin to stop spendin money on my car. jus means i have do small mostly unoticable stuff.

where could i purchase compressors. i no the rear ones are easy to remove. how long will the fronts take to do

I'm in the same boat, I've said I'm saving for my house deposit. Once I've got this I'm down the road according to dad.

My argument is always, but how much did you spend on your race cars? Now he just plays with mums S4 Wagon.

I'm lowering my car tonight... Doing it at a mates house so I can drive home in the dark, dad can see it tomorrow morning and I'll be like "Oh f**k, somebodies stolen my standard suspension and put in Koni's, bastards!?!?!" :P

Guest Spargo

I'm in the same boat, I've said I'm saving for my house deposit. Once I've got this I'm down the road according to dad.

Saving money instead of renting a flat? Cunning if so.

I'm lowering my car tonight... Doing it at a mates house so I can drive home in the dark, dad can see it tomorrow morning and I'll be like "Oh f**k, somebodies stolen my standard suspension and put in Koni's, bastards!?!?!" :P

top man

Well it sounded like an easy job, but nothing is ever simple when it comes to cars. The rear springs were a 5 minute job...

I got the front struts out, put them in and then noticed there was nowhere to attach the sway bar to. The standards have a bit where the sway bar attaches to, however the Koni's don't - anyone had the same problem? Mine is a 91 E36 320i 4dr.