Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

FACTORY NZ NEW STEREO CODE HELP

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how i can trace or get hold of my stereo security code?

I have a 1998 e36 328 with the business radio (nz new) but it needs the code to go lol.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated, We have contacted shely bmw where the car was first brought from but they said they cant seem to make any use of the serail number so will need to go to bmw. that was 3 days ago and still havent heard anything.

Cheers,

Jase

0212 475 366

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how i can trace or get hold of my stereo security code?

I have a 1998 e36 328 with the business radio (nz new) but it needs the code to go lol.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated, We have contacted shely bmw where the car was first brought from but they said they cant seem to make any use of the serail number so will need to go to bmw. that was 3 days ago and still havent heard anything.

Cheers,

Jase

0212 475 366

The only way is to get the Code by reporting the radio serial number to BMW (or car chassis number if the radio is the original radio)

You can read out the serial number without removing the radio, just put it in service mode and the serial number is displayed.

Service mode: turn on, within 10s press and hold TP (or is it M?) for approx 8s until service mode appears.