Sign in to follow this  
kiwiland

Hometune - The Real Deal?

Recently Hometune have been advertising suggesting that "they have the equipment and expertise to service all European cars such as BMW etc at your home or premises"

Living as I do 50+ K from the nearest BMW accredited service centre this could be of interest. Anyone have any experience or comments on such a statement or on Hometune generally

In my general experience they were pretty good. I went to the Mt Eden Hometune when I lived in Aucks (We lived down the road so we'd take it in). We didn't have our BMW then, but my partner and I would take both our Skylines there.

In general, they seemed pretty good - kept you in the loop of what was going on, how long it was projected to take, a rough estimate of the cost and then a receipt in a card-type thing when you go in and collect (small detail but it makes a difference when you keep them!).

At the end, the cost wasn't too bad (but can't tell ya what I paid sorry, receipts went with the cars when we sold them) but that was for those sorts of cars mind you, maybe give it a try, a straight service perhaps? See how you go, and let us know :)