Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

Tech 2 on pfl

Hey guys.

how much can i get a tech 2 kit for?

And anyone ever tried fitting to a pfl e30?

I have seen it done but dont know how easy.

Front's the easy bit, just chop off the tow hooks and everything bolts up.

The rear arches don't fit with the rear bumper though. And neither does the last side pod.

does it take much to make it fit?

The top of the rear FL bumper kinda pokes into the arch gap. So I'd imagine a decent bit of surgery is need to make that bit fit.

And if you did get it to fit, it would have FA resale value as you would have had to cut it up.

Get your hands on fibreglass copies, that way its easier to re-work and you dont have the black mark on your soul for destroying a genuine kit :P

Normally around 1300 for a glass kit, or if you want to go genuine brand new from BMW a full kit is 6-8 grand. Second hand prices varie alot but are around the same as a brand new fibreglass up to about 2 grand.

Also why add weight to a race car, surely there wouldn't be much difference in aero on the track..your not exactly going 300kph :D

Just my 2c, I'd spend it on more go fast bits first as opposed to body mods

Also why add weight to a race car, surely there wouldn't be much difference in aero on the track..

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I has a kit on my race car :unsure:

It makes me go fastererer, honest.

Also why add weight to a race car, surely there wouldn't be much difference in aero on the track..your not exactly going 300kph :D

Just my 2c, I'd spend it on more go fast bits first as opposed to body mods

Because i want to look good when im leaving everyone for dust. i will have the go fast bits dont you worry about that. i am working on something on the side to my racecar. will keep it underwraps until the big unvailing. may not be this year though.