Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

BMWCC Tauranga Event

Guest Andrew

Awesome day - very cool to see some cars thrashing it round the yard

On the average of three runs three e30 325i came 1nd 2nd 3rd. David Brace in first, fastest time 19.20. 2nd place went to Neal Danby in an M325i with some very impressive action with the limited slip diff and the fastest time of 18.12 and myself in third place with the 2nd fastest time of 19.15. David got consistant low 20s and 19s. I got 20 20 19. Won a badass BMW hand hah.

All Aucklanders as well hah.

Sweet drive down and back also.

If you want the video 10MB of a 1 series, Brents Car, My Car, Grants car doing the course.

Download it HERE - Please right click save as and don't stream it.

Pic - the cars and dealership

post-2-1101017722.jpg

Yes, it was a great day.

For anyone wanting a very very fun road to drive, it is the Old Te Aroha Road. This road runs from the base of the Kaimai ranges and you end up in Te Aroha. It has been used on Targa before.

We were able to get along that road at a good rate, and it has a great combination or corners, straights, and a whole series of one lane bridges.

Cheers

325i siddeeways

Looks like someone could stand to the right of that car and just push it and it will topple over .. hahah

And you forget to mention the fastest 5 series. At 19.44 and 4th equal. Didn't I qualify for the smokiest run too?

Great day though. Looking forward to another day down that way.

wheres all the hondas at?

:jap:

nah looks like it was a good day, any er mishaps?

wheres all the hondas at?

:jap:

nah looks like it was a good day, any er mishaps?

There was a Honda there, a nice red NSX (in fact you can see it in the background of one of the photos Andy posted), however it didn't attempt the cloverleaf course.

Also there were no mishaps, however the guy in the E46 M3 tried his best to connect the front of his car with the big concrete wall.

Cheers