Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

Toyo R888's

have put a full set of Toyto R888's on my M3 but i'm having a few problems with the front's rubbing on full lock. the very edge of the tyres is catching the inner guard so it seems the tyres are too wide compared to the stock rims it used to have.

Rims are 17x8.5 and I'm running 235/40/17 all way round. stock rim size 205/55/15 on 7"s

I'm contemplating changing from 235/40/17 to a 215/45/17 to reduce the 'width' and 'height' of the sidewall & overall size of the tyre..

Just curious to know if there will be any major problems running 235/40/17 on the rear and 215/45/17 on the front with all rims the same size.

Laurence

Understeer on stock suspension and sway bars anyway.. Would be good with some uprated stuff.

have put a full set of Toyto R888's on my M3 but i'm having a few problems with the front's rubbing on full lock. the very edge of the tyres is catching the inner guard so it seems the tyres are too wide compared to the stock rims it used to have.

Rims are 17x8.5 and I'm running 235/40/17 all way round. stock rim size 205/55/15 on 7"s

I'm contemplating changing from 235/40/17 to a 215/45/17 to reduce the 'width' and 'height' of the sidewall & overall size of the tyre..

Just curious to know if there will be any major problems running 235/40/17 on the rear and 215/45/17 on the front with all rims the same size.

Laurence

Get some rack-stops made up (or from TurnerMotorsport).

Custom ones are good, as they may not need to be as thick as the ones you can buy.

I personally wouldn't go for a staggered tyre setup.