Sign in to follow this  
tire

e30 release bearing quickie

Im looking for the right part number for the release bearing for my g240 that came from a 323i and is going into my 323i (both e30s). I notice the number changes in 03/1984 from 21511204525 to 21517521471 . What I want to know is, do the measurements of the bearing itself change or am I right with either one?

My cars an 83, the car the gbox came from is year unknown, but obviously pfl. The gbox # is 2400046090

I cant get the numbers off the old bearing cause its gooone.

If no one knows, im just going to go with the latter 21517521471 one, I've got a good feeling about it :)

Thanks!

Im looking for the right part number for the release bearing for my g240 that came from a 323i and is going into my 323i (both e30s). I notice the number changes in 03/1984 from 21511204525 to 21517521471 . What I want to know is, do the measurements of the bearing itself change or am I right with either one?

My cars an 83, the car the gbox came from is year unknown, but obviously pfl. The gbox # is 2400046090

I cant get the numbers off the old bearing cause its gooone.

If no one knows, im just going to go with the latter 21517521471 one, I've got a good feeling about it :)

Thanks!

I do not know which bearing suits that box but they definitely use different release bearings after 3/84. I can probably find either drawings or photos if this would help.

Guest FrantiC

Pretty sure a 323i never came standard with a g240.

Either way if you are using standard single mass flywheel with the standard clutch kit, they should be the same (possibly a revision of design or something).

Why not replace the entire clutch kit, that would you get the right thrust bearing for the clutch plate.

Pretty sure a 323i never came standard with a g240.

Either way if you are using standard single mass flywheel with the standard clutch kit, they should be the same (possibly a revision of design or something).

Why not replace the entire clutch kit, that would you get the right thrust bearing for the clutch plate.

The clutch Pressure/Cover plate is also different from 3/84, so complete kit would probably resolve any conflicts.

Mhmm unfortunately we dont know the year of the car it came from.

Hell I get cost price at my parts place so I might even get both and use the one that fits.

Frantic, I too thought 323s never came with 240s but this was definitely on the back of a 2.3. Wierd huh.

All 323i have a getrag 260. But the 240 should bolt up and it doesnt matter if it a f/l or pre/fl gearbox because it dosnt have the flywheel sensors.

Guest FrantiC

Maybe someone changed it, who knows. i would still get a clutch-kit anyways "while your there", if your thrust bearings out chances are your clutch must have quite a few k's on it, be pointless not to change it all really and that way it saves you spending like $125 each on thrust bearings or whatever the pirce is these days (when a clutch kit can be had for ~$330