Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

First Official BMW "M" Track Day (driver training) - Taupo

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Just passing on info, for those that might be interested.

THIS IS FOR "M" Cars (of any generation) ONLY sorry ...

30 spots only, and only 10 remaining.

BMW M TRACK DAY

TAUPO MOTORSPORT PARK 26TH AUGUST 2009

We are delighted to send information to you on the first BMW M Track Day to be held at

Taupo Motorsport Park on the 26th August 2009.

The BMW M Track Day is offered to all drivers with BMW M cars - M3, Z4 M coupe, M5,

M6. It will give drivers the opportunity to drive their cars at pace, and practice their skills

under the watchful eye of the BMW Driver Training Instructors.

Personally conducted by BMW Chief Instructor Mike Eady and his team of highly trained

instructors, this action packed one day delivers an unforgettable experience incorporating

specific high-speed cornering and braking techniques, oversteer and understeer activities,

skid training, and section lap time trials.

The day will include multiple lapping sessions challenging you to drive the cars to the

limits, plus an amazing opportunity to experience one on one driver training in there own

cars.

The BMW M Track Day is being held at New Zealand ’s premier motorsport venue -

Taupo Motorsport Park on the 26th August 2009.The day is limited to 30 participants to

ensure the maximum time is spent in the cars and on the track; please make your booking

as soon as possible to be assured of a place.

The day will begin at 9.00am at the track with morning tea and briefing of the days

activities. The rest of the day is spent out on the track, stopping for lunch at 12.30pm. The

day concludes at 4.00pm with hot laps in the Driver Training M3. We will then go to the

Wairakei Resort Hotel where we will spend the night. Prize Giving and drinks will

commence at 6.30pm followed by dinner.

The BMW M Track day cost for this full day of fun and excitement is $500 plus GST per

person. This covers all costs including one night’s accommodation at the Wairakei Resort

Hotel and dinner for one. Friends and family are welcome to join us at there own expense.

Some Terms and Conditions apply with your BMW M Track Day booking. Please ensure

you have read the attached details before proceeding with your booking.

To make a booking for the BMW M Track Day please email the attached booking form to

[email protected]. Your attendance can only be confirmed when payment is

received. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0508

BMWDRIVE (0508 269374) or talk to Mike Eady directly on 021 982700.

Once we have received your confirmed booking we will send you further details on the

programme for the day and directions to Taupo Motorsport Park.

BMW Group looks forward to seeing you at a BMW Driver Training Course in the near

future.

Kind regards

Tracey Ramsden

ph. 0508 269 374

email. [email protected]

www.bmwdrivertraining.co.nz

"M only" - as I've posted before ... how ... elitist. I wonder if I could have taken the tii if it was going (pre-M). I wonder if an 850csi could go? How about a 3.0 CSL? An M325i? etc etc.

I am, however, sure it would be a great day and a shame I can't get away to do it.