Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

6" VS 6x9s

looking to do light sounds but wont be able to afford a sub for a while

what better sound quality would you get outta of eitha two 6" with seperate tweeters and 6" in the back

or

Same for front but with decent 6x9s in the back?

I myself have been led to believe that you get better sound quality out of 6", altho get more "bass" out of 6x9s

im not looking something that offers the loudest bass, unlike a lot of car "modifiers" but very much looking for the best sound quality

cheers

sparkle

well the 6x9s you can throw out the window, they attempt (read - not very well) to create bass, this is generally not done well and sounds like poo.

6" speakers will (generally) have a midrange freqency output but most people run (full range through them) and will work great in said range, giving you higher quality of sound if matched with a component set up front you will find the sound to be top notch, make sure you amp everything you can, and not run it off the head unit, try to not even have rear fill at all ie miss those 6" and invest in a sub, you can have nice bass and not overpowering it actually complements the sound and gives a full feel to the music, not just boom... unless your a pussy and care about rear passengers then leave in the 6" :D... but yea its up to you its your ride, most things will sound alright in there, its just to what range of nice you want it to get to thats all.

Guest WAGON

sparkle whatever you do dont copy me

lol 5 inch house speakers in the front same in the back

and a sub with no amp :):)

doesnt go to bad

stupid not having money sh*t crap sh*t :banghead: