Sign in to follow this  
Jezza

E28 Brake calipers to 735i calipers

Hey guys

Been hunting around for some calipers from a 735i, after reading a post on here and some other info off google. From what I have read I need the 'carriers'/brackets as well. I managed to find a set but the person selling them says the brackets are part of the strut assembly :wacko:

Do I need the e32 brackets or will the calipers bolt straight onto the existing e28 brackets? If I do need the e32 brackets how do I go about changing them? He told me they were "sealed".

Thanks for any help

EDIT: I've been told these calipers just literally bolt on with the correct rotors. Thanks anyhow.

Edited by Junkers

Hey guys

Been hunting around for some calipers from a 735i, after reading a post on here and some other info off google. From what I have read I need the 'carriers'/brackets as well. I managed to find a set but the person selling them says the brackets are part of the strut assembly :wacko:

Do I need the e32 brackets or will the calipers bolt straight onto the existing e28 brackets? If I do need the e32 brackets how do I go about changing them? He told me they were "sealed".

Thanks for any help

EDIT: I've been told these calipers just literally bolt on with the correct rotors. Thanks anyhow.

Sounds to me like the person selling them is confused about what you want.

I think you need the carriers as well (someone correct me if wrong) but these bolt onto the strut assembly by two bolts. The carrier is very easy to remove - use a 17mm socket and pull off. Normally you would get the carrier with the caliper

Sounds to me like the person selling them is confused about what you want.

I think you need the carriers as well (someone correct me if wrong) but these bolt onto the strut assembly by two bolts. The carrier is very easy to remove - use a 17mm socket and pull off. Normally you would get the carrier with the caliper

you are correct but if the carrier wont bolt to strut youll need to make a bracket, easy fix