Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Removing front valance

Am I able to cut the bottom half of the valance out of a facelift E30? Gonna have Tech2 over it anyways and its all bent etc.

Won't be running foglights or anything that is there. Will I run into problems with scrutineers/Wof people etc?

Can cut it tidy right under the front bumper mounts.

Any help would be mint

Cheers

Ashkan

Guest FrantiC

I did mine like this to fit the intercooler.

I left that bottem middle bit as the tech 2 attaches to it, and I reckon it would sag more if it wasn't there so left what I needed to and to keep it rigid left a bit in the middle etc.

Front valance is only a panel , WOF / CERT couldn't care less. They didn't complain about mine at VTNZ WOF or LVV cert.

post-3156-1252574594.jpg

un bolt the lot and fit a prefacelift support for the grills.

suppose cutting it the same would be close enough to just swapping them

Edited by 323e30

Guest FrantiC

yeah I figured that, but then what are you going to mount the tech2 valance to?

The valance slides over the stock valance and clips to where the mounts are for standard lip/is lip, so you need the basic frame of the valance, like how I left it, to hold it on. i could have cut more but it gets really flimsy how it was already.

The tech 2 valance is Rangi'd onto the bumper anyway. All the clips have been misplaced and the mounting points are buggered.Can put a couple lil alloy straps to hold the bottom part up onto the bottom rad support or something.

Guest FrantiC

The tech 2 valance is Rangi'd onto the bumper anyway. All the clips have been misplaced and the mounting points are buggered.Can put a couple lil alloy straps to hold the bottom part up onto the bottom rad support or something.

Oh ok, well then yeah it's all sweet to chop it up then. May aswell cut it all off except the top strip under the grills.

Yeah, looking at your picture it looks like atleast half the tabs on the FL valance are bent and rusted away. And a couple on Tech2 valance are non existant/snapped.

Cheers for the help fellas.

The valence isn't structural at all. But might be useful for a diffuser support if you like playing with aero.