Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

E30 doesn't go/dieing!

Hi Guys

Started up James to go to the gym early this morning. He turned over, ignited, then went dead. Did this about ten times. My neighbour came and helped, he said it could possibly be fuel flooding (which I thought) and then maybe the Idle Control Valve.

He said when I turn the ignitionon, I should simultaneously press foot on accelerator. Revved it for about 45 secs and all was fine. After Uni it did this again, so followed the same procedure. I am so paranoid it is going to conk out in the middle of town. And a bit upset this is the first time he has created problems in 3 years.

Help pleease?

Em

Im really not gona help the situation.. but GET A 325! hehe :lol:

i would have to say air flow meter of icv. not much else really goes wrong

Sounds similar to my problem.

I think I have a faulty fuel pump to blame though.

Fuel pump relay?

true to that , forgot about that

Cheers for all the suggestions guys. Someone has suggested a few more so between it all the problem probably can be located. If you have any suggestions on how I could check stuff it would be appreciated. I am mechanically unretarded so can check stuff out without f**king it up more...

Em, yours is a 316i correct? I have a air flow meter and idle control valve if you need, in fully working condition. Give me a pm if that is what you diagnose.

Guest FrantiC

What if you run it, turn it off for say 2 minutes then try start it?

Could be leaky injectors, leaking fuel into the cylinders when the car is off.. Making it hard to start and flooding the engine.

Could be John, it was a reason my neighbour offered. When I did that it was fine... started and ran all ok.

Cheers Nath that would be wicked help I will be sure to PM you if it is the case...

Em