Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

M20B25 running on 3 cylinders

Hey guys, noob question after a noob mistake.

I degreased my engine yesterday and tried not to get any water onto any eletrical parts, i thought i succeeded when it ran fine afterwards, But i started her up thismorning and its not fireing on all cylinders,

Ive taken the plugs out to make sure theres no moister on them, checked inside the distributer cap and its dry.

But when i pull leads 2 4 and 6 off theres no difference in how it runs, i can even have all 3 off at once and it doesn't change anything, but if i pull 1, 3 or 5 off it will stall.

Any tips?

Matt

Guest FrantiC

Injector harness.

Clean the plug under the intake manifold. It's a stupid plug and holds water.

My guess is those cylinders will be firing, but no fuel going into them? Since 2,4,6 and 1,3,5 fire on alternating cycles?

Injector harness.

Clean the plug under the intake manifold. It's a stupid plug and holds water.

My guess is those cylinders will be firing, but no fuel going into them? Since 2,4,6 and 1,3,5 fire on alternating cycles?

tried that, looked a bit corroded but nothing major, would it blow a fuse if that was pluged in the wrong way?,some rangi has been down there before and played around with the wires there, so i decided to put it back into its little holder this morning, then it missfired,

edit, the leads on 2 , 4 and 6 sre still sparking

Edited by Matty104

Have done the old screwdriver to the ear trick and injectors 2, 4 and 6 are defenently not fireing, does anyone have any diagrams to figure out which wires run this bank of injectors?

I fear i may have pulled to hard on the harness and pulled something loose :ph34r:

Guest FrantiC

Have done the old screwdriver to the ear trick and injectors 2, 4 and 6 are defenently not fireing, does anyone have any diagrams to figure out which wires run this bank of injectors?

I fear i may have pulled to hard on the harness and pulled something loose :ph34r:

Pull the injector harness off, You can determine that way which wire is for the 2,4,6 injectors.

It sounds stupid as but I made the same mistake aswell as Alex, dont for get to make sure the leads were plugged back into the right place...

Managed to sort it, the source was the injector harness plug,

Basically when ever i would plug it togeather the mail prong would push one of the female ones out so it was not contacting.

I couldn't see it because it was on the underside,,so im in agreement with john now, (it's a gay plug) haha