Sign in to follow this  
mivtec

Airbag sensor passenger

Ive got a E36 318is. Well, i got sick of seeing breadcrumbs etc stuck down the side of seats, and had to run wires under the rear carpet to boot. So I took the seats out and then realised there was wires under the passeneger, so to cut a long story short the sensor internals came apart (see photo) due to me getting pissed of with it. Now my air bag light is staying on, and WOF due in a few weeks so better get onto it. Is it easier to replace than repair?

post-3463-1254199815.jpg

Edited by Craig_a

How the hell did you do that?

I'd give Glenn a call in the morning. Those units aren't cheap if I remember correctly.

I think it must have been brittle!

try to get a good second hand one.. then have it fitted and airbag error reseted

ok so a power fowarded emails of to trademe wreckers, and Brent said he had one for 50. So where abouts can i get this reset once new part fitted? any one know how much BMW tend to charge for this?

ok so a power fowarded emails of to trademe wreckers, and Brent said he had one for 50. So where abouts can i get this reset once new part fitted? any one know how much BMW tend to charge for this?

Can be reset with anyone who has a scanner -sparkys etc (with a BMW plug)