Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

E30 Daytime Running Lights

So, I've been meddiling with some wires.

And I've managed to work out how to make the foglights run whenever the ignition key is turned to "ON"

By using the heated seat circut (car has no heated seats anyway) which is 15A and only when the car is "ON" , enough to run a pair of 7.5A foglights.

However, I'd much rather run this whilst the key is on, but have the option of using the foglight switch.

Anyone got any clues on how I could do this... which relay the foglight uses?

I'd be weary of having fogs as daytime running lights as it is illegal to have fogs on when its not foggy. Stupid law and nobody takes any notice of it. But if a cop does pull you over for it then I'd think you'd want to be able to turn them off.

I'd be weary of having fogs as daytime running lights as it is illegal to have fogs on when its not foggy. Stupid law and nobody takes any notice of it. But if a cop does pull you over for it then I'd think you'd want to be able to turn them off.

Yeah, That's the idea I want to have.

Hence why it was moreso a test what I'd just done. (tis' back to normal now)

According to this guy http://e30.bmwdiy.info/indy-fogs/index.html

If you wish to modify the procedure to only allow independent fogs when the ignition is on (for safety reasons), find a sufficient gauge+fused switched 12V line and attach it to K8 terminal 30 and do not modify K4 at all. I have not tested this and warn of easily bridging switched power from K8 terminal 86 without researching the gauge and fuse rating that connection uses. E-mail me if you are going to attempt this and possibly I can assist.

Edited by antil33t