Sign in to follow this  
Gus

My Setup

well some of you out there claim to be useful...so prove it

in my car i got a pioneer 12" sub, a sony 4/3/2 channel amp (i THINK 300W...not 100%) .....the amp is running the sub and the 2 rear speakers (stock e30 luxury package) up front i have the stock e30 lux speakers and some tweeters, all of which i presume are running off the headunit

now to the decisions....i also have my old 12" pioneer sub and lightning audio 300W 4/3/2 channel amp....i was considering of running the sub that i have in there off the 150W from the sony and also adding the 150W from the other amp.....would that work? im not sure if thats dodge or not. was also thinking of getting some decent front components (infinity or something) to replace the stock ones and the tweeters (they looking a bit old now) and would prefer to run off the headunit for ease of installation...although running them off the other amp would make sense. i prob wont do the front components too soon as i have other priorities but what does all that sound like?

and yes...my ski hole is punched out...hatchet and screwdriver baby

personally i would only use 1 amp for sub(s).

if you want to put in ur second sub run them both off 1 amp and run the rears of the other.

if they are only stock rears surely ur head unit could handle controlling them as well.

is either of your amps bridgable. if so jus brigde one amp and you will gets its full power goin to one sub or two depending on setup.

wat is you most prefered setup like wat and how many speakers do you want to run.

if you need a hand pm me, done quite a few instalations

cheers

jamie

Are both the subs the same? and are they both single voice coil? If so then i would use the best amp you have to run both of those. Then use your other amp to run your speakers. Either bridge it to run the fronts or use it to power all speakers, I wouldn't use it to power just rears speakers, as they will bo too overpowering. Even cheap components will be far better than the standard E30 speakers so try and get something. Dont worry about ease of installation, it might only cost you a few extra buck and maybe an extra hour of work to have the front speakers amp'd but it will sound far better.

My crappy fusion components in the front go plenty loud enough without needing rear speakers. Also E30 boot is plenty big enough for 2 subs with heaps of space still available. (I can still get my spare tyre out with the subs in).

BTW, if your subs are different then i would only use best one.

My 2 cents.

not sure of which sub is better....they prob both single voice coil....ill find more info about them...cant bridge the amp to one output...only 2x150 watt....i couldnt bridge the amp into 2 150W out puts and combine them both into the one sub? not keen on running 2 subs in boot...more weight :D....hope that made sense..i also want to figure out how to use the stock tweeter mounting and wiring...but thats another story

u can do 2 speakers from one output so i dont c y u cant do one speaker from 2. its jus a bit on the rangi side. but i spose if you hide the wiring who will no.

jus work out which is your best sub and amp combo and go wif it.

could you run the rears off the headunit?

well ill have 2 amps....one for speakers......one for the amp....i might give it a go then

also.....for my fronts....could i use the headunit power out, connect them to an RCA to plug into the amp, and then run cables back up front to power the speakers? sounds pretty complicated but makes sense

Thats the same setup i got for my fronts, it not that hard to set up, but will sound way better than just headunit power.