Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

installing new stereo

hey guys

i have just bought a new head deck for my bmw 89 e30

problem is when i bought the car it still had the stock tape player in it so ive pulled that out and it has that weird stock radio plug which i dont have the confidence to cut just yet until i know what the basic diagram is?

anyone here know

i know its a long shot but i thought i might as well ask see if anyone has any advice

thanks

garry

if you know that basic red (acc) yellow (constant) and black (ground) you should be sweet. most e30s have the correct colour codes and its just a matter of matching the wires

Edited by Wervie67

if you know that basic red (acc) yellow (constant) and black (ground) you should be sweet. most e30s have the correct colour codes and its just a matter of matching the wires

my one looks a bit more complicated than just matching the wires

anyone know where to find a wire diagram?

Guest FrantiC

e30 isn't colour coded. Pretty sure its the brown/purple wire that is the switched +!2V (acc) joins to red.

You can figure out the wires with a multimeter which is the constant +12v, which is the switched +12v, etc.

the two e30s ive worked on have been colour coded (both pfl if that makes a difference)

but your right, multimeter's do save alot of time. and for speakers, just use a battery.