Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

m20 turbo kit

Guest Ari Gold

I have no interest in the megasquirt, but would love pics of the turbo setup as it sits in the bay and the oil lines to the sump.

What's the condition of the turbo?

Turbo trims for compressor and exhaust?

If I was to turbo, I'd be wanting a daily driven reliable 450hp, what sort of power do you think your setups good for with proper management?

Guest FrantiC

Turbo should be good, It was brand new not long ago. Just a 0.63 exhaust side, .50 AR intake side. I doubt the turbo would bring you to 450hp unless you ran around 20psi+. The headgasket (being steel), ARP headstuds and manifold are more than capable of this, Look at Dan Pinder on e30tech he has the same and ran over 450rwhp with a GT35 sized turbo on 27psi.

Don't have much current pics, especially of the sump return, but you can figure it out between pictures. There is a hose running from bottem of turbo to that fitting in the last picture.

Also the oil feed adapter there lets you retain the stock oil pressure sensor and the oil feed T's of off this fitting, to the turbo.

The current wastegate setup shown is just one used for warrants and cert, It can work and hold 12psi fine. I have 2 blanking flangers though to block them off and stick the wastegate on the manifold to use a screamer pipe with and have better boost control.

post-3156-1256543069.jpg

post-3156-1256543086.jpg

post-3156-1256543104.jpg

post-3156-1256543165.jpg

post-3156-1256543197.jpg

post-3156-1256543257.jpg