Sign in to follow this  
raskill

E39 Business Car stereo with Stacker in Boot

Hey guys,

I have a Business Car stereo unit in my E39 which has a cassette player and a stacker in the boot. i need information and advise as to how i can play mp3 cd's on this. I have tried IDv1, 2, 3 and a whole lot more but only a shhhh sound comes out. The head unit picksup track number and details but no sound.

Please help.

Hey guys,

I have a Business Car stereo unit in my E39 which has a cassette player and a stacker in the boot. i need information and advise as to how i can play mp3 cd's on this. I have tried IDv1, 2, 3 and a whole lot more but only a shhhh sound comes out. The head unit picksup track number and details but no sound.

Please help.

Only the very late CD changers will play mp3 CDs - 2005 onwards I think.

Only the very late CD changers will play mp3 CDs - 2005 onwards I think.

but then it should not be showing track info, no?

@raskill: what do you see exactly on the display? And are both headunit and cd changer (stacker) original from 2002?

normal cd plays fine?

but then it should not be showing track info, no?

@raskill: what do you see exactly on the display? And are both headunit and cd changer (stacker) original from 2002?

normal cd plays fine?

The display show Track no and time counter. When mp3 cd plays it sounds like tuning an fm station. and yes they are both original from 02. it is a NZ radio