Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Door Sills

I do not know if anybody has looked into this at all for us e36'ers and e46'ers but a bit of surfing today looking for something different for my door sills turned up a place that sells illuminated door sills made to order.

I have sent them an email requesting more information on what i am after and price, I have a utube video here which is sort of an example, Although it says e46 you can get them for the e36 as well. The great thing is because they are made to order you can choose what you want the logo on the plate to say and what size you want the logo.

You can also get them illuminated or not, there is of course quite a price difference i would say.

You can also select what colour you want, I would be looking at matching illuminated orange.

I think these could be pretty cool what does everybody else think.

Here is the utube link. Remember you can customize it to say what you want and colour and size.

Good idea ?? , or do do you think it would look stupid.

>> clicky for youtube <<

Edited by M-Spec

Had a reply back just before, He is going to send me all the prices shortly. Here is a portion of his reply so far.

I have included the pdf catalog he sent me.

Hi Jason,

Hi Jason,

yes, i can understand English and i hope, you can understand my English.

We produce illuminated door sills for car-tuner und car distributors.

And we can also make an illuminated Logo such as “BMW 3 SERIES 323iâ€.

You can also choose a font and the lightning-color (white, red, or blue)

We Illuminate the logo by 9 LED’s

we can make a lot of different lighting colors. To illuminate it in orange, it would be better to make the logo also in orange.

This logo are made by a laser on the backside of the mirror lightning-field. After this it will be coloured by a special paint.

You could also have the black stripes on both side, but that will cost additionally 12,00 Euro.

You can have these door sills also without any illumination and it is also possible to get another price.

But please, think about the logo and the dimensions of the lighting field. It is 160 mm x 30 mm. The text will be very small if you have a lot of letters.

C_G_M_Einstiegleisten.pdf

Edited by M-Spec

They are cool.

My dad has them on his Peugeot 307. They look good

Update on the pricing.

Hi Jason,

here are some answers.

Just a couple more questions, Does the price include a left and right front set that are illuminated or is it just the drivers side that is illuminated.

> The price includes the right und the left side, its a complete set for the front doors.

I would only be requiring one set for my car. At this stage I am thinking of having the logo BMW 323i POWER.

> This Logo is possible to make.

Could you please give me a price shipped to New Zealand for an illuminated set done in orange,

Also a price shipped for a non-illuminated set with the same logo. This set would be the same as the picture I sent in my last email to you but of course with BMW 323i POWER.

Iluminated set : 129,00 Euro / without illumination : 79,00 Euro / with black stripes + 12,00 Euro per set.

 we would send it by another company, because it is difficult for us to send it by our company.

 The shipping cost are 50 Euro

 Maybe you know another delivery adress to get it reduced.