Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

E30 wiring woes

So i've spent all day removing old alarm wiring that wasn't working and was cut in various places, just started head unit, never done anything like this before, wiring just looks like a pain but none the less giving it a crack! lol

So my question is what does these (in pics below) RED BLUE and BLACK wires do/connect to for the headunit? ALL three come from the Passenger footwell. as pic shows.

-Red comes to behind head unit and isint used. just taped over as seen, could it be used as the power source for headunit if wanted??

-Blue goes to a sony head unit adapter plug

-Black goes to a black box, you can just see in pics, to the head unit plug (black box has a 15A fuse)

I also have a Red wire with a 10A fuse put in the line that goes to the head unit plug, this has been hooked into a purple wire in the factory/main wiring/harness behind the dash, my guess is thats power supply, could I get rid of that and use the RED above that isint being used? this isint a huge concern just a query.

PICS

Bottom one is passenger foot well(plug closest to bottom of pic), other two are head unit end obviously.

Any help would be great, sorry if any of its abit vauge/odd.

Cheers,

Andrew

post-1001-1259623498.jpg

post-1001-1259623505.jpg

post-1001-1259623515.jpg

Edited by HT.

DW, found my multimeter so between that and guess work it appears to be running :unsure::D