Sign in to follow this  
mivtec

A few quick questions- E36 - HID/Reset tool

Just wondering if many people have much experience with HID's. Brought my car with them fitted aftermarket, But over the past week the drivers side has been abit reluctant to work, if you turn the switch on/off numerous times eventually it will work. Any one have any ideas what this could be? or if bulbs ever need replacing?

Also, Just wondered where i could get my airbag sensor reset in hamilton? I know coombes is there but i didnt really want to pay their price if i don't have too? as ive replaced the broken sensor so the problem should be rectified.

Cheers in advance for any help/advice

HID's are most likely the cheap trade me sh*t. I know so many people who have tried them and they've failed. They need an initial voltage to light them up and one guy had to get the rev's up to about 2k before it would come on.

And you need to see a workshop to reset the airbag.

Just wondering if many people have much experience with HID's. Brought my car with them fitted aftermarket, But over the past week the drivers side has been abit reluctant to work, if you turn the switch on/off numerous times eventually it will work. Any one have any ideas what this could be? or if bulbs ever need replacing?

Also, Just wondered where i could get my airbag sensor reset in hamilton? I know coombes is there but i didnt really want to pay their price if i don't have too? as ive replaced the broken sensor so the problem should be rectified.

Cheers in advance for any help/advice

go to hillcrest auto's on riverlea road really nice guy's there , they will help you out