Sign in to follow this  
savvi

pick up pump 325vs 320i

hey guys found out my pick up pump in the tank has died, ive got a pfl 325i pump would this fit a 91 jap import e30 320i, cheers, shane

I don't think the facelifts use two pump setups like the PFL.

The PFL uses one pump in the tank, a low pressure one.. and another near the engine somewhere for high pressure.

hey guys found out my pick up pump in the tank has died, ive got a pfl 325i pump would this fit a 91 jap import e30 320i, cheers, shane

wont work and to much hassle to make work i have correct one if your interested. kerry

I don't think the facelifts use two pump setups like the PFL.

The PFL uses one pump in the tank, a low pressure one.. and another near the engine somewhere for high pressure.

Not exactly, my PFL 323 and 325 had single pump systems with no intank pumps at all, my 88 FL 318 had twin pumps and I have had two 89's one had a twin pump set up and the other only had a single high pressure pump in the tank.

Keep things simple and replace like with like.

prefacelift has pump located left rear under the sill in front of the rear wheel,

facelift has an intank pump, there are also diferent types twin hose or single hose

give me a call if you have any questions

also have fuel pumps

Jon

0276 837251

edit;

face lift pump is located under the rear seat on the drivers side, unscrew and lift black panel,

undo 4 10mm nuts remove the sender first, then twist the whole unit counter clockwise and then carefully lift it out not to snag on the filter sock.

Edited by Jono51

prefacelift has pump located left rear under the sill in front of the rear wheel,

facelift has an intank pump, there are also diferent types twin hose or single hose

give me a call if you have any questions

also have fuel pumps

Jon

0276 837251

edit;

face lift pump is located under the rear seat on the drivers side, unscrew and lift black panel,

undo 4 10mm nuts remove the sender first, then twist the whole unit counter clockwise and then carefully lift it out not to snag on the filter sock.

its got 2 pumps cos theres an external one in front of rear passenger wheel , thanks

*pando: added end quote to fix

Edited by pando