Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Some local cars for you to drool over

damn that is very nice!!! :mosh:

Someones been to DCH recently.... Nice race kitted M325i out there aswell.

New twinpipe exhaust getting put on there tommorow over the nasty 4.5" terroriser.

Someones been to DCH recently.... Nice race kitted M325i out there aswell.

New twinpipe exhaust getting put on there tommorow over the nasty 4.5" terroriser.

Well spotted, I have pics of that E30 also. I'm headed back there this week again to check out the other two touring cars. (They put new brakes on my 325 last week, new rotors and metal king pads). Done about 150km on them so far, am thinking they are still breaking in because the performance is really weak.

Either that or my brake booster is on the fritz, but is that likely?

Either way its something I need to get sorted, I'm hoping they are still breaking in and will give some good bite.

I'll be getting DCH to do all my project car parts sourcing when that starts later this year, what shape it will take is still unknown.

I'd like to do a 633/635csi however most are autos. And in saying that most E34 535i's are also autos, and the availablity of manual gearboxes will be what determines if I do one of those or not. If I'm screwed tis going to be another E36, either taking the line of a M50B25 with M3 cams, 96+ valve retainers, intake, ltw flywheel, elec fan for the engine, or just going for a S50B32 depending on the price difference. Either way upgraded brakes, and coilovers like Bilstein PSS-9's will be on the cards.

Decisions decisions....

Edited by Viking

interested in what you would do to an M30........

It would mostly depend if you could get your hands on a 24 valve head for the M30, given the numbers around I'm guessing they would fetch a real pretty price however. Given one of those, the potential for serious NA power is fairly likely.

Failing that, they are nice engines for a turbo, 500 odd hp would be easy enough :)

the potential for serious NA power is fairly likely.

Failing that, they are nice engines for a turbo, 500 odd hp would be easy enough 

yes ask Alpina about that ^_^

the potential for serious NA power is fairly likely.

Failing that, they are nice engines for a turbo, 500 odd hp would be easy enough 

yes ask Alpina about that ^_^
People producing cars for a production line are never going to be as aggressive in engine tuning and how far they push things as people doing custom one off cars, Last thing you want is to push an engine turbo setup to its absolute limit, have people push it and have to warranty half your stuff.

However with a bit of work, there are cars out there that are doing 512rwhp 544 ft/lb torque @20 PSI on a M30

Edit - I have seen references to a M30 in full race trim doing 400hp, however I dont overly believe that information as I cant figure out how the heck they would do it. Well definatley not on street fuel atleast ;)

Edited by Viking

best m30 to turbo is the low compression (8:0:1) M30B34 out of the E28, TCD do a kit, but for LHD. They also do a kit for the E34 B35 engine, can only get about 260-270hp out of a NA M30. What ill look to do later on as i have the high compression 10:0:1 engine. Theres always the option of increasing displacement, but na.

No, it's not our car. We have it's 2 sister cars however.

That one is Lindsay O'Donnell's. He has returned it to it's original ETCC paint job (or as close to it).

You'll see it and our 2 racing at the Skope Classic Waitangi week-end.

But that is a photo of an S42 motor. 340 BHP is a bit of a stretch (unless it is one of our new 2.5l motors). They were roughly 216kW in sprint form (in 2l).

The induction noise is amazing from these cars. They sound like they will suck up small children from the pavement as they fly by.

If you can get to Hoonapuna. Buy a ticket. This is one of the best car meetings in the country!

Guest Spargo

2.5L S42? I NEED to know how. the block will only accept a 2.1 bore, and thats with a thicker head gasket as well.

Also, Cain, if you've got one of those valve covers sitting around, i've got the cash (i think :lol: ) Would it bolt up to an M42?

The S42 block was originally a sleeved 2.5l (I have been informed), so it wasn't very difficult at all.

If you want more info. Eric Swinbourne is the man building these for us.

I don't know about the cover. Although the entire head fits straight onto the M42 motor. Now you see why a 318iS would be OK, as I have a few go faster bits that will fit into it. And that induction is the ducks guts. So if I get rid of the 540iS and can find a nice 318iS, who knows?

I am waiting on the ex-BMW motorsport guys to give me a list of parts for these cars still. I'll see if the cover is in there.

Otherwise, Richard at DCH Motorsport would be the guy to call and ask. I have his number if you are serious about it.