Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

e30 trans shifting

Yeah this car's shift up is pretty temperamental 1st to 2nd is pretty slow, changes up at low revs almost straight away, drives up the street in top gear almost. but when a certain father drives it to it's fullcapabilities.

(Sorry '89 320i auto 200k's M20 DME)

- when it changes up withdad behind the wheel, it stays in 2nd I think so long that when it upshifts the rear wheels momentarily lose traction, gives as little skid as it hits the next gear.

So do we look at the trans? it is relatively new, was rebuilt previous owner (old man)... the kickdown etc, like that would fix the slow upshift wouldn't it?

Or is it the throttle sensor thingy?

Q2. The passenger (left!) side window is playing up, going down but refuses to come back up (electric), we've got the cut out switch on the console, hit htis a few times & so far it's worked, but will need replaced.

I've got some e23, like an old one '84 I think, bits, wood they be the same motor or wghatever it is? It's at my brothers place & prob covereb in redbacks... the joys of living in oz...

Thanks guys!

Sounds fine to me - on gentle acceleration the car will do as you have described - plant your foot and it will hold each gear to near the redline - I dont see the problem, unless I have misunderstood something here.