Sign in to follow this  
Gazza95

CA18DET E30

Hey guys, im wanting to buy a ca18det engine and put it in my E30, would it be hard to do?

thanks guys

Depends if you know how to do it or are going to learn as you go. If you have a welder or access to one etc, are you good with wiring or have a friend that is etc? how longs a peice of string basicly?,

Theres a E30 CA18DET owner on here but he brought it already done, the guy that built it is in CHCH..

CA's go hard and arent hugely expensive so its a good choice.

Im sure someone else will pop up with some more useful information. the above is just what I tell myself when I get clever ideas haha

Basicly it's time, money and space you need to think about

If you have to ask you probally arent the sort of person that can do it your self. There are no off the shelf parts I know of that you can purchase to make it just bolt in.

You will need gearbox mounts, engine mounts, does the sump clear the subframe? Does the engine clear the brake booster?

I think theres a few threads about this on here allready? Try having a search....

Edited by antil33t

custom drive shaft, custom exhaust, custom intercooler piping, wiring in engine management system, custom engine and gearbox mounts, mabey cutting a hole in the tunnel for the selector, custom radiator mounting or piping depending on what radiator you choose, some decent brakes and suspension so you dont stack it the 1st day you drive it, lsd to put the power down, maby different brake booster,

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head but im sure there is more.