Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

M car prices

Im interested to know what these cars are worth in NZ and how rare are they in NZ?

BMW M3 E30?

BMW M3 EVO E36?

BMW M Coupe?

Gidday

BMW E30 M3 - for a RHD one anywhere from $35k - $50k (even higher for one in new condition). These are very rare here, and rarely come up for sale (there is a LHD one for sale atthe moment, but it can't be registered)

BMW E36 Evo - around $35k - $50k as well (you can get the 3.0l ones for around $25k - $35k). These are as common as dirt.

BMW M Coupe - not too sure, but I would guess around the $50k mark - there are not that many in the country (there are a few M Roadsters, but fewer M Coupes).

Cheers

Gidday

BMW E30 M3 - for a RHD one anywhere from $35k - $50k (even higher for one in new condition). These are very rare here, and rarely come up for sale (there is a LHD one for sale atthe moment, but it can't be registered)

BMW E36 Evo - around $35k - $50k as well (you can get the 3.0l ones for around $25k - $35k). These are as common as dirt.

BMW M Coupe - not too sure, but I would guess around the $50k mark - there are not that many in the country (there are a few M Roadsters, but fewer M Coupes).

Cheers

M3 E30s

Cheapest I've seen is $20k (LHD), but can't put it on the road until 2007. However, for a "drive away" car, I know of the following (all RHD):

M3 (200hp) - only ever factory RHD - c.$105k (up in AKL)

M3 convertible (200hp) - $45k on Trade Me (dealer)

Evo I (200hp) - won't entertain prices less than $55k

Evo II (220hp) - ditto

Evo III (240hp) - deal being struck around $75k

Evo III (240hp) - CAD65k (sold into the USA)

At the moment, it is a seller's market as you CAN'T import and road legal an E30 M3 until 2007 at the earliest (2010 for Evo IIIs). All versions are far cheaper in the UK, although salt / rust problems potentially and remain LHD.

Know of two crap M3s floating around CHC - would get personalised plates for them "CAVEAT" and "EMPTOR"!

Gidday

BMW M Coupe - not too sure, but I would guess around the $50k mark -  there are not that many in the country (there are a few M Roadsters, but fewer M Coupes).

Cheers

M3 E30s

Cheapest I've seen is $20k (LHD), but can't put it on the road until 2007. However, for a "drive away" car, I know of the following (all RHD):

M3 (200hp) - only ever factory RHD - c.$105k (up in AKL)

M3 convertible (200hp) - $45k on Trade Me (dealer)

Evo I (200hp) - won't entertain prices less than $55k

Evo II (220hp) - ditto

Evo III (240hp) - deal being struck around $75k

Evo III (240hp) - CAD65k (sold into the USA)

At the moment, it is a seller's market as you CAN'T import and road legal an E30 M3 until 2007 at the earliest (2010 for Evo IIIs). All versions are far cheaper in the UK, although salt / rust problems potentially and remain LHD.

Know of two crap M3s floating around CHC - would get personalised plates for them "CAVEAT" and "EMPTOR"!

So there is one factory RHD M3 in NZ? Is that why its so costly? 105k?

I know of a US spec 1987 M3 for sale for 35K done 90,000 miles, everything converted (RHD, wippers etc, etc) but it has the silly little flashers on the side of the bumpers front and rear.

Does this sound like a good deal?

And I gues it would be engine out to change the timing chain soon as well?

How many E30 M3 Evo 3s are in NZ?

There is only ONE factory RHD E30 M3 in the world, and it is in New Zealand. $35k for a road legal E30 M3 isn't too bad - although it is US spec. You would want to be THOROUGH with your inspection before purchase, however.

Good luck, all E30 M3 shoppers need it!

J

Guest Spargo

There is only ONE factory RHD E30 M3 in the world, and it is in New Zealand.

Why is here? Wouldnt it be somewhere... I dunno... around Munich?