Sign in to follow this  
hamish5

BMW M3 raffle

Mate if your more than happy to put it into a container for me ill buy 5-10 tickets

Good luck!

i wonder what my insurance company will say when i rock up asking them to insure me to drive it haha looks like its chilling in my garage for 7 years if i get it.. makes it a classic :D

I know a 20 year old with a E46 M3.

2,500/yr

I know a 20 year old with a E46 M3.

2,500/yr

I know a guy that got one at 17, but hes 18 now

If I was to cap it at 3000 tickets how much would people be willing to pay?

$7 ea, personally. I'd want odds = expected value. Possibly less, as I couldn't get a pre purchase inspection.

$7 ea, personally. I'd want odds = expected value. Possibly less, as I couldn't get a pre purchase inspection.

so you would want to spend $160 on a pre purchase but not $10 on a ticket to potentially win the car?

I would only spend $160 on a pre-purchase once I had agreed a price for a car, and was certain I was going to buy it (ie subject to what comes up in the PPI).

Other people will potentially buy into the dream on a raffle of your car (ie, expected value < cost of ticket). You only buy a lotto ticket for the dream ---> its pretty average odds -- but lots of people buy them every week. I'm not that guy, that's all.

Edited by CamB